Well, here's what's happened since my last post:
- Made it through my second term of library school with minimal drama.
- Applied for the co-op program and was invited to interview for three positions.
- Was hired for my first choice — the Calgary Public Library.
- Went on a road trip with some library school buddies to Washington, D.C. Visited the Zoo, the Smithsonian museums of American History and Natural History, the Holocaust museum, and the Library of Congress — of course!
- Moved to Calgary for the summer! My Mom found me this great sublet on Kijiji and proceeded to impersonate me through e-mail in order to secure it. Seriously. (I love my Mom).
- Started a very scary job at the Calgary Public Library. Okay, it's not that scary, but I do feel like I'm in a bit over my head, especially since I am working in an area that's WAY out of my comfort zone. More on this later.
- Went to visit my lovely friend (and fellow librarian) Jill in Canmore. She took me hiking for what I'm pretty sure was the first time in my life. Managed not to injure myself, though my lungs were not pleased with me, and neither were my legs the next day. Must work on cardiovascular endurance!
Bye for now!