Friday, January 2, 2009

Back to the Books!

A new year has begun and I'm back to school in London. I'm super excited about my YA and Children's lit courses this term. We're required to blog for the YA course. I will likely set up a separate blog for that and link to it from here once it's set up. The prof wants us to use WordPress, so this will give me a chance to try it out. Suggestions on what to call the blog are welcome!

I'll be heading to the OLA Super Conference in Toronto at the end of the month. I'm looking forward to it immensely. I hope to meet my professional mentor there in person (we've been corresponding over e-mail for a few months now) and also catch up with my old publishing colleagues who will be exhibiting. And of course, there are a ton of sessions I'd like to attend. I'm not sure what my volunteer schedule looks like just yet. I'm really hoping I'll be able to get to at least a few sessions while I'm there.

I'm still trying to figure out travel and accommodation arrangements for the trip to Toronto. I could stay with my folks in Mississauga, of course, but that's not terribly convenient or ideal. If any of you lovely friends of mine who live close to downtown Toronto would be willing to put myself and a friend up for a night or two that would be super awesome!

If you've got a free moment, check out the super cute games on Mo Willem's Pigeons Presents website. My favorites are the Elephant and Piggie Dance Game and Hot Dog Dress-Up.

No comments: