Monday, October 27, 2008

Phew! Now that I have a spare moment or two, here's a brief recap of my cross-Ontario wedding weekend mini-adventure.

My Thanksgiving long weekend involved travelling by plane, train, bus and car and went something like this: London to Mississauga, Mississauga to Toronto, Toronto to Ottawa, Ottawa to Toronto, Toronto to Mississauga, Mississauga to Oakville, Oakville to London. Phew! It was certainly a whirlwind, but totally worth it.

I'm so pleased that I was able to make it to Shaun and Marie-Eve's wedding in Ottawa...or er, Barhaven, actually. I had an amazing time. I was a little worried at first because I was attending solo, and besides the groom, the only person I knew was the best man (another friend from high school). Also, the bride's side was overwhelmingly francophone, and my French is poor at best. Through pure serendipity however, I ended up sitting at a table of ... get this ... librarians! Too perfect. I came away with scads of school and career advice and some terrific professional contacts.

I spent the following Sunday morning exploring downtown Ottawa. I wandered through the Byward Market, then I headed to the U of O campus and took a quick spin through their Humanities library just for kicks, before hopping on the bus to the airport to catch my flight back to Toronto.

No comments: